Leopard coral grouper, also known as common coral trout, is a type of marine ray-finned fish that are found in the Western Pacific Ocean, from east coast of Thailand and Malaysia.
Leopard coral grouper has a tender yet bouncy flesh texture that flakes nicely. It also has a mild taste of sweetness that lingers inside the mouth. The most common way to cook the fish among Asians is by steaming it, and it can be just simply deep frying it and serving as one of the dishes or even cooking with “asam pedas’.
Teochew Steamed Leopard Coral Grouper
Stey by Step :
- Wash and clean the fish under running water to clean off the dirt.
- Pat dry the fish with kitchen paper and set it aside.
- Butterfly the fish from the belly and revolve the pin bones with tweezers or pliers, or you can simply steam it, having it lie sideways.
- Season the fish with salt, pepper and lemon juice and let it settle aside.
- Cube 1 pack of silken tofu and put it on a heat proof pyrex bowl with the fish on top.
Prepare Teochew style steaming ingredient:
- Soak 2 dried Chinese mushroom for about 10 minutes, then drain and slice it- Slice about 50g of lotus root- Chop 3 cloves of garlic- Cut 1 tomato into 6 equal pieces, and halves 6 cherry tomatoes- Rinse, soak and drain 1 slice of salted preserved vegetables (about 50g)- Prepare 2 salted plums, rinsed, thinly sliced ginger (about thumb size) and 2 stalks of scallions.- Deseed and chop 2 cayenne chilli pepper and 2 bird’s eye chilli peppers- In a bowl, mix 4 tablespoon of water, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of light fish sauce and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Pour the Teochew steaming ingredient on top of fish and decorate it nicely.
- Steam the fish for about 10 to 12 minutes (depending on the size of fish).
- The dish is ready to be served.
Nutritional Facts (based on 100g serving)
Health Benefits :
Just like other fish, leopard coral grouper has a high amount of protein but low in fat and calories. Hence, it makes up for the lesser calories intake of the day but able to make you feel full.
Leopard coral grouper is still a source of Omega-3. Omega-3 is good for brain development and also nervous system development, which is particularly beneficial for kids.
They have an abundance of protein, which is an essential building block of our human body cells. It aids in tissue repair and also normal cell growth. Eating enough protein can also reduce carbohydrate consumption as it increases sense of fullness.
Product Description :
For whole fish option, the fish would be packed as whole fish.
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Wild Caught from Sabah & Sarawak 沙巴， 砂拉越野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用
- FREE Delivery for order above RM200 at Klang Valley area.
- RM15 delivery charges for orders below RM200 at Selangor & Kuala Lumpur area.
- RM25 delivery charges for Outstation orders.