Groupers fish is a type of deep seawater fish that usually has a strong body and a large mouth. They are mostly found in tropical or subtropical areas, ranging from shallow coastal waters among the rocky reefs to moderate depth of sea. One of the characteristics is that they do not possess many teeth at the edge of their jaws.
They have a mild but distinct flavour and taste sweet. The meat is whitish, notably lack of bones, with firm texture and heavy flakes but remains moist after cooked. Groupers also can be cooked in many ways such as fried, grilled, steamed or used in chowders and soups.
Steam Grouper Slice
- grouper steak
- 2 stalks green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced ginger
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
Step by Step
- Wash and pat dry the fish steak with kitchen paper, then season with a pinch of salt and a dash of pepper.
- Mix 1 bottle of chicken essence, 2 teaspoon fish sauce, ¼ teaspoon of sugar and a small knob of finely chopped ginger.
- Drizzle the sauce onto the fish steak, and steam over high heat for about 5 minutes, depending on the fish steak’s size.
- Drizzle 2 teaspoon of garlic oil, and garnish with some spring onion and red chilli. The dish is ready.
Nutritional Facts (based on 100g serving)
3 Reasons to eat Grouper Fish
Grouper fish contains selenium, a type of mineral which is helpful to boost immune system and reduce risk of heart disease.
It has a lot of vitamin B, especially vitamin B12, which are very helpful to keep the body’s nerve and blood cells healthy. Vitamin B3. also known as niacin, on the other hand helps to lower cholesterol and eases arthritis.
Fish is a great source of protein. Protein is very essential in our daily diet, as it is the building block of our body cells and having adequate amount of protein helps the cell functions properly.
For whole fish that specify (Slice) option, we will slice the whole fish for FREE and vacuum pack the meat, head & tail separately。
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Wild Caught from Kuala Selangor to Sungai Besar 野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用
- FREE Delivery for order above RM200 at Klang Valley area.
- RM15 delivery charges for orders below RM200 at Selangor & Kuala Lumpur area.
- RM25 delivery charges for Outstation orders.