Cod is a popular, widely harvested fish and found in the North Atlantic and Pacific regions. They are a type of cold-water fish. reside in the deeper sea region and are often quite large in terms of size.
Cod has flaky, white flesh. It is versatile and can be baked, pan-fry or even steam. It is delicate and mild taste. Cods are valued for its flesh, cod liver oil and other products.
Ant & Dec’s Blackened Cod
- cod fish
- 3 tablespoons runny honey
- 3 tablespoons low-salt soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs of fresh coriander
Step By Step
- In a small pan, mix 3 tablespoons of runny honey, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 3 tablespoons of white miso paste and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil with a splash of water.
- Boil the marinade and simmer until golden with regular stirring. Then, set it aside to cool.
- Pour the marinade into a large bowl, soak the fish in and cover it so as to marinate it in the fridge for at least 2 hours (preferably overnight).
- Finely slice 6 radishes and 1 fresh chilli and place it in a bowl.
- Finely slice 6 spring onions, 4 heaped teaspoons of pickled ginger and add them into a bowl. Add some rice vinegar and a pinch of salt and stir in a few coriander leaves.
- Preheat the grill, and put the marinated fish on it with skin-side down and grill for 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Finally, serve the fish flesh-side up, spoon over any leftover juice and add the prepared pickle and some coriander leaves with a little drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. You can add broccoli, pak choi, or asparagus as you like.
Nutritional Facts (based on 100g serving)
Cod is famous with its high protein content but yet low in calories and fat. Protein is extremely important in repairing damage tissue as well as aids in growth.
They are rich in vitamin Bs, namely vitamin B12, B6, and B3. B12 helps to form new red blood cells and DNA, while B6 and B3 are helpful for metabolizing nutrients and release energy from food.
Cod is also packed with minerals such as phosphorus and selenium. Phosphorus is critical component of bones and teeth, and it also helps in proper functioning of vitamin B. Selenium helps to produce and protect DNA.
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
- Imported from Chile. 从智利空运
- Vacuum Packed Individually 真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用
- There may be a 4-6% weight loss after processing