Mullets are schooling fish that could be found in all tropical and temperate seas. Mullet has an elongated body, but it is round like a tornado. The body is usually covered with blue-gray or olive-green scales that are large and situated on the fish’s upper sides and back. The scales fade in color to shades of silver on the belly and lower sides.
Mullet is a lean fish with with firm texture and has a rich and nutty flavour. The raw flesh is white, firm and juicy. Mullet fish is extremely versatile whereby it can be prepared in a variety of ways including barbecued, baked, broiled, fried, pan fried or smoked.
Grilled Mullet with Charred Onions and Pine Nuts
- Preheat oven to 350° and toast pine nuts on a baking sheet until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Let cool (that’s it for the oven).
- Grill onions, turning occasionally, until skins are blackened and onions have softened for about 15–20 minutes. Transfer to a platter and let cool 10 minutes.
- Mix raw onion, pine nuts, capers, raisins, and vinegar in a medium bowl and season agrodolce with salt.
- Season some salt on the skin of the fish and drizzle with ¼ cup oil for grill.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until skin is lightly charred and flesh is flaky and opaque down to the bone. Flip over and grill another side.
- Plate the fish and drizzle the agrodolce over. Top with parsley and some red pepper flakes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritional Facts (100g Serving of Mullet fish)
Mullet is high in protein and pack with Omega-3, selenium, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B3.
3 reasons to eat Mullet Fish :
Omega-3 can raise HDL cholesterol levels and improve numerous heart disease risk factors. Besides, it can also reduce blood pressure levels, reduce insulin resistance, and fight inflammation.
It is vital in the important process in our body including metabolism and thyroid function. It is also a powerful antioxidant that helps your body repair damaged cells and decrease inflammation. It also plays an important role in thyroid health
Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin whereby our body cannot produce and we need to obtain from foods. It play a vital role in mood regulation, help with morning sickness during pregnancy, improving brain function and preventing Alzheimer’s disease. Besides, it can also help to prevent eye diseases called age-related macular degeneration (AMD) - a type of vision loss that affects older adult
Product Description :
1 packet consist of 8 Mullet Fishes.
We have scaled, gutted and vacuum packed the fishes
For whole fish option, the fish would be packed as whole fish.
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Wild Caught from Kuala Selangor to Sungai Besar 野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食
- FREE Delivery for order above RM200 at Klang Valley area.
- RM15 delivery charges for orders below RM200 at Selangor & Kuala Lumpur area.
- RM25 delivery charges for Outstation orders.