Crab meat is the meat found within a crab and is widely used in many cuisines across the globe due to its soft, delicate texture of the meat and its sweet taste. There are many types of crab meat from white meat to brown meat with the difference being white meat is obtained from the claws and legs of the crab whereas brown meat is obtained from the body of the crab. Crab meat is versatile with many cooking styles which makes it a popular dish anywhere.
Crab Cake recipe:
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 340g crab meat
- 1 tablespoon butter
Step by Step:
- Combine ⅓ cup of bread crumbs, green onions, red pepper, egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and cayenne in a large bowl. Next, fold in the crab meat in the mixture.
- With the remaining bread crumbs, place them in a shallow bowl and divide the mixture into a portion of eight. Shape them into 2-inch balls and gently coat them in the bread crumbs before shaping them into 1 or 2 inch thick patties.
- Heat some butter over a medium heat in a large nonstick skillet and add the crab cakes on the skillet. Cook until golden brown; which means around 3-4 minutes on each side.
Useful Tips in the Kitchen
- For a more economical choice, green onions which have been sliced thinly can be a substitute for fresh chives and are easily obtained from the herbs section.
- In the marinade which has a zesty twist to it, lemon juice is considered an acidic substance which can break down the tough proteins in the pork therefore making it more tender. It is also a popular addition to many other seafood recipes.
Nutrition Facts: (Serving size: 2 crab cakes)
Crab meat, like other seafood, are rich in vitamins and minerals that are essential to the growth and development of the human body.
4 reasons to eat Crab Meat :
Crab meat contains almost as much protein per 100 grams as meats without anywhere as close to the same levels of saturated fat, which can lead to an increased risk of heart disease. The lack of connective tissue in crab meat also makes it very easily digestible for people of all ages.
Crab meat is rich in vitamins and minerals, low in fat and contains Omega-3 polyunsaturated acids. This can prevent heart disease and aids in the development of the brain. The long-chain nature of the Omega-3 Fatty Acids indicate that they can be used immediately, unlike short chain acids that can be found in vegetables and oils. 100g of crab provides a third of the UK recommended weekly intake of Omega-3.
Crab meat is particularly rich with selenium, which plays an important role in the human antioxidant defence system which prevents damage to our cells. It also partakes in the function of the immune system, thyroid hormone metabolism as well as synthesis in reproduction. Crab meat contains 3 times the amount of Selenium than cod and 12 times that of beef! On the other hand, riboflavin (Vitamin B12) is important in the production of steroids and red blood cells, as well as maintenance of the skin, eyes and nervous system as well. Physically active people such as athletes and bodybuilders may have an increased requirement of Riboflavin in their diet.
Crab meat contains nearly 30 times the copper found in cod fish and 56 times found in salmon, chicken and beef. Copper is involved with the absorption, storage and metabolism of iron as well as the formation of healthy red blood cells. Phosphorus is important for the skeletal health and development of the human body.
Product Description :
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
- Wild Caught from Kuala Selangor to Sungai Besar 野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用