Leopard coral grouper, also known as common coral trout, is a type of marine ray-finned fish that are found in the Western Pacific Ocean, from east coast of Thailand and Malaysia.
Leopard coral grouper has a tender yet bouncy flesh texture that flakes nicely. It also has a mild taste of sweetness that lingers inside the mouth. The most common way to cook the fish among Asians is by steaming it, and it can be just simply deep frying it and serving as one of the dishes or even cooking with “asam pedas’.
Curry Leopard Coral Grouper Head
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 eggplant cut into wedges
- 2 stalk lemongrass, chopped into half
- curry paste
- coconut milk
- sugar and salt
- coriander leaves
- 2 tomatoes
Step by Step:
- Heat oil over high heat in a large heavy-based frying pan . Cook the eggplant wedges on both sides until golden and tender, then remove and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add oil to the pan, then add the lemongrass and curry leaves and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and curry powder stirring continuously for another 5-6 minutes or until darkened in color and the oil starts to separate from the paste. Add the coconut milk, sugar, salt and water and bring to the boil.
- Add the fish head, cover and simmer over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Stir in the tomato and cooked eggplant, remove from the heat and serve scattered with coriander leaves.
(based on 100g serving)
Just like other fish, leopard coral grouper has a high amount of protein but low in fat and calories. Hence, it makes up for the lesser calories intake of the day but able to make you feel full.
Leopard coral grouper is still a source of Omega-3. Omega-3 is good for brain development and also nervous system development, which is particularly beneficial for kids.
They have an abundance of protein, which is an essential building block of our human body cells. It aids in tissue repair and also normal cell growth. Eating enough protein can also reduce carbohydrate consumption as it increases sense of fullness.
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Wild Caught from Kuala Selangor to Sungai Besar 野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用