Groupers fish is a type of deep seawater fish that usually has a strong body and a large mouth. They are mostly found in tropical or subtropical areas, ranging from shallow coastal waters among the rocky reefs to moderate depth of sea. One of the characteristics is that they do not possess many teeth at the edge of their jaws.
They have a mild but distinct flavour and taste sweet. The meat is whitish, notably lack of bones, with firm texture and heavy flakes but remains moist after cooked. Groupers also can be cooked in many ways such as fried, grilled, steamed or used in chowders and soups.
Steam Grouper Steak with Soy Sauce
- grouper steak
- 2 stalks green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon sliced ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
Step by Step
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Place green onions on a plate then put the fish on the green onions.
- Rub both sides of the fish with sesame oil. Cover the fish with another quarter of the green onions and ginger slice.
- In a wok bring water to boil then put the fish to steam onto the steaming basket over high heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain any liquid on the plate and discard the ginger and green onion from above the fish.
- Add in 3 tablespoon soy sauce and let the fish to steam for another 8 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion and sliced ginger.
- Serve hot.
(based on 100g serving)
Grouper fish contains selenium, a type of mineral which is helpful to boost immune system and reduce risk of heart disease.
It has a lot of vitamin B, especially vitamin B12, which are very helpful to keep the body’s nerve and blood cells healthy. Vitamin B3. also known as niacin, on the other hand helps to lower cholesterol and eases arthritis.
Fish is a great source of protein. Protein is very essential in our daily diet, as it is the building block of our body cells and having adequate amount of protein helps the cell functions properly.
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Wild Caught from Kuala Selangor to Sungai Besar 野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用