Flower crab, or known as blue swimmer crab is found over the mud and sand bottom of subtidal reefs. Flower crab is considered a delicacy throughout Asia. They are recognizable where males are bright blue with white spots and more decorative, while the females have duller green or brown and more rounded carapace.
Although flower crab is not as fleshy as the mud crab, it tastes cleaner and sweeter. The meat is very smooth, delicate and moist, compared to mud crab which is coarser. It is very famous with stir-fry menu, either chilli fried or “kam heong”, or you can even steam or cook porridge with it.
Fried Spicy Flower Crab
Step by Step
- Clean and cut crabs into parts and set it aside.
- Spice A - Prepare 3 shallots, 1 clove of garlic, 1 stalk of lemongrass and 3 deseeded red chillies and blend them in a food processor.
- Seasoning B - Mix ½ teaspoon of chicken stock powder, ½ teaspoon of anchovy stock powder, ¼ teaspoon of pepper and ½ teaspoon of fish sauce in a bowl.
- Heat some cooking oil in a wok and saute 1 stalk of curry leaves , 5 dried chillies and 5 bird’s eye chillies until fragrant then set it aside.
- Mix 1 tablespoon each from meat curry powder and fish curry powder with a little bit of water until it becomes a thick paste.
- Add the Spice A paste and curry powder paste into the wok with preheated oil and fry it until fragrant.
- Put in crabs, Seasoning B and onion into the wok, stir it until all mixed up, and add in about 125ml of water. Cover it and let it cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- After that, put in the prepared fried curry leaves, dried chillies and bird’s eye chillies and mix well. The dish is ready to be served.
Nutritional Facts (based on 100g serving)
Crabs are packed with calcium and phosphorus, which are essential in teeth and bone formation. High phosphorus content also can help to reduce the chance of suffering from osteoporosis.
It contains a lot of protein and the protein is of high quality. Proteins are important as our body cells building block and aid in growth and repair of our body.
Loaded with various nutrients such as vitamin B2, copper, omega 3 fatty acids and selenium, these components are vital for the cognition and nervous system activities. It helps to strengthen the nerve cell and also lower inflammation and plaque.
Crab’s meat is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, and of long chain ones, which are essential to lower blood cholesterol level. It also helps to reduce blood pressure and strain on heart muscles, hence preventing atherosclerosis, stroke and also heart attack.
The immunity system in the body helps in blood, liver as well as kidney detoxification. Phosphorus content in crab meat boosts the function of the kidney to remove toxins besides enhancing metabolic efficiency.
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Wild Caught from Kuala Selangor to Sungai Besar 野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用
- FREE Delivery for order above RM200 at Klang Valley area.
- RM15 delivery charges for orders below RM200 at Selangor & Kuala Lumpur area.
- RM25 delivery charges for Outstation orders.