Flounder is a type of flatfish and demersal type where it lives at the bottom of oceans, over the sand or mud region. Flounder is categorised as left-eyed flounder, as the left side is pigmented and facing upward.
The flesh of flounder is whitish in colour, and they have very mild, light and delicate flavour. They can be cooked as a whole fish or as fillets, often popular with baked, fried or even grilled recipes.
Steamed Flounder with Black Bean Sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried fermented black beans (soak for 20mins)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chopped red chili
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
Step by Step :
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Season each side of the fish with 1 tablespoon of rice wine then rub some salt on the fish.
- In a pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil, stir fry minced ginger, minced garlic and chopped chili.
- Then add in black beans, ½ teaspoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 tablespoon water.
- Remove and set aside.
- On a plate put the fish on green onion and sliced ginger.
- Steam the fish over high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the water in the plate and discard the green onion and ginger.
- Cover the fish with the cooked black bean sauce and steam for another 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with hot oil.
Nutritional Facts :
4 reasons to eat Flounder fish :
They are packed with loads of protein, which are necessary for our body cell’s function. Tissue repair and growth also rely a lot on protein, hence it is important that we have sufficient protein intake.
They are one of the low fatty fish consumed in the world. Omega-3 fatty acids in the fish help to lower high cholesterol and can prevent heart disease. The fat content is relatively low so consuming it won’t get you into weight gain trouble.
Flounder is rich in phosphorus, magnesium and also vitamins B. Vitamins B are essential in converting food into energy and also help in production of red blood cells. Magnesium aids in controlling blood pressure, while phosphorus aids in formation of healthy bones and teeth.
Flounders is rich in Omega-3, which has anti-inflammatory effects which are helpful for relieving arthritis and also preventing other inflammatory diseases such as heart related disease.
Product Description :
For whole fish option, the fish would be packed as whole fish.
For whole fish that specify (Fillet) option, we will fillet the whole fish for FREE and vacuum pack the meat, head & tail separately。
NO customized cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Wild Caught from Kuala Selangor to Sungai Besar 野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用
- FREE Delivery for order above RM200 at Klang Valley area.
- RM15 delivery charges for orders below RM200 at Selangor & Kuala Lumpur area.
- RM25 delivery charges for Outstation orders.