Dragon grouper, or known as brown-marbled grouper is a marine fish that is recognizable by pale yellowish-brown background with irregular size and shape dark brown or grey blotches over the body.
The flesh is attached to the skin with a thick layer of shiny silver gel. The meat has a delicate and sweet taste, and it is mostly served by steaming it in Chinese cuisine.
Braised Fish Tail with Soy Sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp cornflour or tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp shredded ginger
- 5 bird´s eye chillies, smashed
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 stalk spring onion, cut into sections
- 15g wood-ear fungus, soaked, trimmed and shredded
- 15g dried lily buds or golden needles, soaked and knotted in the centre
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp black vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ¾ - 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp anchovy stock granules
- 1 tbsp Shao Hsing Hua Tiau wine
- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 1-2 tbsp water
Step by Step
- Rise and pat dry the fish tail.
- Season with salt and pepper and coat with corn flour or tapioca flour. Deep-fry fish until golden. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix 250ml chicken stock, 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, 1 teaspoon black vinegar, pinch of salt and pepper, 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 tablespoon shao hsing wine.
- Heat 2 tablespoon sesame oil in a wok, fry garlic and ginger until fragrant. Then add chopped chillies and stir-fry until aromatic. Set aside.
- Add pre-mixed sauce to the wok and bring to a boil. Put fish to the wok, add golden needles and wood-ear fungus. Cover the wok and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Put in onion and thicken the sauce with cornflour water.
- Remove the fish onto a serving plate and garnish with pre-fried garlic and ginger shreds.
Nutritional Facts (based on 100g serving)
It contains a lot of vitamins and minerals which are essential for blood formation. For example, vitamin B12 and iron in this fish aids in red blood cell formation.
Just like other fish, tiger grouper has Omega-3 fatty acids, which are good fat that helps to lower high cholesterol levels. It also helps in brain growth in children.
They are rich in proteins which are essential to aid in tissue growth. It also helps to repair damaged muscle and cells.
Tiger grouper has high protein content but low in calories and fat. These features make it a suitable diet component as eating it doesn’t contribute much to weight gain compared to food with high fat content.
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Wild Caught from Kuala Selangor to Sungai Besar 野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用
- FREE Delivery for order above RM200 at Klang Valley area.
- RM15 delivery charges for orders below RM200 at Selangor & Kuala Lumpur area.
- RM25 delivery charges for Outstation orders.