Dragon grouper, or known as brown-marbled grouper is a marine fish that is recognizable by pale yellowish-brown background with irregular size and shape dark brown or grey blotches over the body.
The flesh is attached to the skin with a thick layer of shiny silver gel. The meat has a delicate and sweet taste, and it is mostly served by steaming it in Chinese cuisine.
Steamed Dragon Tiger Grouper with Fermented Black Bean and Egg Tofu
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 eye bird chili, halved
- 1 pack egg tofu, sliced, deep fried until golden brown, set aside
- 1 tbs of fermented black bean sauce
- 1 lemongrass, use only the soft white part, thinly slice
- 1 tbs of rock sugar
- 2 tbs of premium light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 cm knob of ginger, finely chopped
- spring onion
Step by Step
- Marinate the fish with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of chopped ginger and 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic.
- Finely chop about 3cm knob of ginger, 3 garlic cloves and slice 6 chilli, then saute them until fragrant and set them aside.
- Put the fish in a steaming bowl, then steam it for about 2 minutes until half done, and discard the excess liquid.
- Deep fry sliced egg tofu until golden brown.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of fermented black bean sauce, 1 tablespoon of rock sugar, 2 tablespoon of light soy sauce, ½ teaspoon of sesame oil and 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce. Then, set it aside.
- Add the egg tofu, sauteed mixture, and the soy sauce mixture onto the fish and steam in high fire for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the dish with garnished spring onion and some cherries tomato.
Nutritional Facts (based on 100g serving)
It contains a lot of vitamins and minerals which are essential for blood formation. For example, vitamin B12 and iron in this fish aids in red blood cell formation.
Just like other fish, tiger grouper has Omega-3 fatty acids, which are good fat that helps to lower high cholesterol levels. It also helps in brain growth in children.
They are rich in proteins which are essential to aid in tissue growth. It also helps to repair damaged muscle and cells.
Tiger grouper has high protein content but low in calories and fat. These features make it a suitable diet component as eating it doesn’t contribute much to weight gain compared to food with high fat content.
For whole fish cut (Slice) option (AVAILABLE FOR SELECTED SIZE ONLY), we will slice the whole fish for FREE and separately vacuum pack all the meat, head & tail. 整条鱼（切片）的，我们将提供免费切片服务，并将其肉片，鱼头和鱼尾分别真空包装。
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Wild Caught from Kuala Selangor to Sungai Besar 野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用
- FREE Delivery for order above RM200 at Klang Valley area.
- RM15 delivery charges for orders below RM200 at Selangor & Kuala Lumpur area.
- RM25 delivery charges for Outstation orders.