Dragon grouper, or known as brown-marbled grouper is a marine fish that is recognizable by pale yellowish-brown background with irregular size and shape dark brown or grey blotches over the body.
The flesh is attached to the skin with a thick layer of shiny silver gel. The meat has a delicate and sweet taste, and it is mostly served by steaming it in Chinese cuisine.
Curry Fish Head
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 eggplant cut into wedges
- 2 stalk lemongrass, chopped into half
- curry paste
- coconut milk
- sugar and salt
- coriander leaves
- 2 tomatoes
Step by Step
- Heat oil over high heat in a large heavy-based frying pan . Cook the eggplant wedges on both sides until golden and tender, then remove and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add oil to the pan, then add the lemongrass and curry leaves and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and curry powder stirring continuously for another 5-6 minutes or until darkened in color and the oil starts to separate from the paste. Add the coconut milk, sugar, salt and water and bring to the boil.
- Add the fish head, cover and simmer over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Stir in the tomato and cooked eggplant, remove from the heat and serve scattered with coriander leaves.
Nutritional Facts (based on 100g serving)
It contains a lot of vitamins and minerals which are essential for blood formation. For example, vitamin B12 and iron in this fish aids in red blood cell formation.
Just like other fish, tiger grouper has Omega-3 fatty acids, which are good fat that helps to lower high cholesterol levels. It also helps in brain growth in children.
They are rich in proteins which are essential to aid in tissue growth. It also helps to repair damaged muscle and cells.
Tiger grouper has high protein content but low in calories and fat. These features make it a suitable diet component as eating it doesn’t contribute much to weight gain compared to food with high fat content.
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Wild Caught from Kuala Selangor to Sungai Besar 野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用
- FREE Delivery for order above RM200 at Klang Valley area.
- RM15 delivery charges for orders below RM200 at Selangor & Kuala Lumpur area.
- RM25 delivery charges for Outstation orders.