Dory fish is a large-eyed, silvery, laterally compressed and roughly discoid marine fish. Most dorys live in the deep sea and they are demersal fish. Dory can be found in the Atlantic, Indian and also the Pacific Oceans.
Dory fillet has a magnificent taste with delicate white flesh and a firm, flaky texture. This mild, slightly sweet flavour of dory can be served by sauteed, baked, steamed, poached, or even coated in breadcrumbs and fried.
Pan-Fried Dory Fillet
- 2 eggs
- ¾ teaspoon
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 ½ cups breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 lemon
Step by Step
- Whisk 2 eggs with ¾ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper in a small bowl.
- Put 1 cup of all purpose flour on a plate and 3 ½ cups of breadcrumbs on a separate plate.
- Dredge the fillet in flour first, and shake off the excess.
- Next, dip the fish into seasoned egg mixture, and finally coat it completely with breadcrumbs.
- Heat ¼ cup of olive oil over a big pan with medium-high heat.
- Pan fry the coated fillet until the coating is golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with fries, tartar sauce and a zest of lemon.
Nutritional Facts (based on 100g serving)
Dory is packed with DHA and EPA, which are essential not only for growing infants, but at the same time they are effective in bringing the high blood pressure low.
Despite the EPA and DHA, dory fillet contains omega 3. Omega-3 in fish benefits infants as it aids in the growth of brain cells and also improves the intelligence of babies.
Dory fish has a wide range of vitamins and minerals, such as potassium which benefits the heart. Omega-3 fatty acids and some essential dietary fats in dory fish are also good to maintain a healthy cholesterol level.
Just like other fish, dory has a lot of proteins, which are essential in building lean muscles. Protein also helps to repair damaged tissue and enhance growth.
Our Dory fillet is Pangasius dory
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用
- FREE Delivery for order above RM200 at Klang Valley area.
- RM15 delivery charges for orders below RM200 at Selangor & Kuala Lumpur area.
- RM25 delivery charges for Outstation orders.