Colico fish is a type of deep seawater fish that usually has a strong body and a large mouth. They are mostly found in tropical or subtropical areas, ranging from shallow coastal waters among the rocky reefs to moderate depth of sea. One of the characteristics is that they do not possess many teeth at the edge of their jaws.
They have a mild but distinct flavour and taste sweet. The meat is whitish, notably lack of bones, with firm texture and heavy flakes but remains moist after cooked. Colico also can be cooked in many ways such as fried, grilled, steamed or used in chowders and soups.
Curry Fish Head
- curry paste
- 3-4 tbsp curry powder
- 2 cups of eggplant cut into wedges
- 5-6 okra cut into half
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10-15 curry leaves
- 2 stalks of lemongrass chop into half
- 2 tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 4 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step by Step
- Heat oil over high heat in a large heavy-based frying pan . Cook the eggplant wedges and okra until tender, then remove and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add oil to the pan, then add the lemongrass and curry leaves and cook for 3 mins.
- Add the curry paste and curry powder stirring continuously for another 5-6 minutes or until darkened in colour and the oil starts to separate from the paste. Add the coconut milk, sugar, salt and water and bring to the boil.
- Add the fish head, cover and simmer over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Stir in the tomato and cooked eggplant, remove from the heat and serve scattered with coriander leaves.
(based on 100g serving)
This fish contains selenium, a type of mineral which is helpful to boost immune system and reduce risk of heart disease.
It has a lot of vitamin B, especially vitamin B12, which are very helpful to keep the body’s nerve and blood cells healthy. Vitamin B3. also known as niacin, on the other hand helps to lower cholesterol and eases arthritis.
Fish is a great source of protein. Protein is very essential in our daily diet, as it is the building block of our body cells and having adequate amount of protein helps the cell functions properly.
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Wild Caught from Kuala Selangor to Sungai Besar 野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用