Lala usually inhabit both freshwater and marine environments. Many countries eat lala in their own special and unique way. It has become a popular seafood dish across the world.
Baby lala meat is smaller in size compared to other clams. It has a soft yet firm, chewy and buttery texture. They have a slightly fishy and salty taste. It can be cooked in several ways such as stir-frying, pan-frying or steam only if the meat is fresh.
Fried Rice Vermicelli with Lala :
- 200 grams rice vermicelli, soak according to manufacturer's instructions and drain well
- 200 grams bean sprouts
- 200 grams (4 to 5 pieces) napa cabbage
- 4 Tbsp vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- ½ yellow onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- ½ cup of chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp shaoxing wine
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 to 3 Tbsp dark soy sauce, preferably dark caramel
- Seasalt (to taste)
- Some ground white pepper (to taste)
Step by Step:
- Wash and drain the bean sprouts well. Halve and slice the yellow onion.
- Peel the garlic and chop coarsely.
- Add the vegetable oil into a wok and heat it over medium heat.
- Add ginger and garlic and stir fry until it is goldenish.
- Mix in the eggs and increase the heat. Cook until the eggs are set.
- Add yellow onion and stir well.
- Pour the cabbage, rice vermicelli, clam juice, light soy sauce, and dark soy sauce into the wok and mix it well.
- Season with some seasalt and white pepper.
- Mix the rice vermicelli with the sauce well using spatula.
- Add bean sprouts and clams.
- Continue to stir fry until all ingredients are mixed well together.
Add in a little water while stir frying to keep the rice vermicelli moisture.
Season the bean sprouts with seasalt when it is just cooked.
Nutritional Facts :
Baby lala is a type of clams that are packed with nutrients, especially high in iron and vitamin B12. It provides choline, DHA and EPA omega-3.
5 reasons to eat Baby La La Meat :
Lala is a good source of protein. It provides around 49g of proteins which might be lower compared to meat. However, it is worth pointing that it only contains 4g of fats which are an ideal food.
Iron is the most abundant mineral that can be found within the lala. Iron plays an important role in oxygen transport. Deficiency of iron may cause anemia. Iron is also needed in many metabolic processes within our body.
Vitamin B12 is needed for various processes. This includes forming and maintaining DNA, producing red blood cells and protein synthesis. Lala is one of the foods that provides the most vitamin B12 than any other food.
Choline is a vitamin-like substance to protect our liver. Adequate intake of choline helps in preventing liver disease. It is also essential in producing a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine which functions in nerve transmission.
Oily fishes such as salmon and sardines are a lean source of omega-3. Clams contain lots of omega-3 helps in maintaining the tissue cells and lower inflammation levels.
Product Description :
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Wild Caught from Kuala Selangor to Sungai Besar 野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用
- FREE Delivery for order above RM200 at Klang Valley area.
- RM15 delivery charges for orders below RM200 at Selangor & Kuala Lumpur area.
- RM25 delivery charges for Outstation orders.