Groupers fish is a type of deep seawater fish that usually has a strong body and a large mouth. They are mostly found in tropical or subtropical areas, ranging from shallow coastal waters among the rocky reefs to moderate depth of sea. One of the characteristics is that they do not possess many teeth at the edge of their jaws.
They have a mild but distinct flavour and taste sweet. The meat is whitish, notably lack of bones, with firm texture and heavy flakes but remains moist after cooked. Groupers also can be cooked in many ways such as fried, grilled, steamed or used in chowders and soups.
Chinese Style Steamed Grouper Fish
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons ginger strips
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon rice wine
- 2 stalks spring onions
Step by Step
- Clean the grouper fish and season it inside out with salt and pepper beforehand.
- Put the fish as a whole on a heatproof plate or any plate that is suitable for steaming.
- Slice some ginger into strips and put it into the belly and on top of the fish.
- Boil the water over high heat in the wok before placing the fish onto the steamer.
- Then, put the fish on the steamer, and steam for about eight minutes (depending on size, time needed might be longer) until the fish flakes easily when tested with the tip of a knife or fork.
- In the meantime, prepare a small bowl to mix a quarter cup of soy sauce, one tablespoon of water and some rice wine.
- After the fish is ready, take out the plate and remove accumulated liquid carefully.
- Chop 2 to 3 stalks of spring onion and coriander and put on top of the fish.
- Heat some oil over high heat and after it is hot, pour it on top of the fish.
- Finally, pour the pre-mix soy mixture over the fish and the dish is ready to be served.
Nutritional Facts (based on 100g serving)
Grouper fish contains selenium, a type of mineral which is helpful to boost immune system and reduce risk of heart disease.
It has a lot of vitamin B, especially vitamin B12, which are very helpful to keep the body’s nerve and blood cells healthy. Vitamin B3. also known as niacin, on the other hand helps to lower cholesterol and eases arthritis(Joint Diseases).
Fish is a great source of protein. Protein is very essential in our daily diet, as it is the building block of our body cells and having adequate amount of protein helps the cell functions properly.
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Wild Caught from Kuala Selangor to Sungai Besar 野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用
- FREE Delivery for order above RM200 at Klang Valley area.
- RM15 delivery charges for orders below RM200 at Selangor & Kuala Lumpur area.
- RM25 delivery charges for Outstation orders.