Leopard coral grouper, also known as common coral trout, is a type of marine ray-finned fish that are found in the Western Pacific Ocean, from east coast of Thailand and Malaysia.
Leopard coral grouper has a tender yet bouncy flesh texture that flakes nicely. It also has a mild taste of sweetness that lingers inside the mouth. The most common way to cook the fish among Asians is by steaming it, and it can be just simply deep frying it and serving as one of the dishes or even cooking with “asam pedas’.
Chinese Ginger- Soy Sauce Steamed Leopard Coral Grouper
Step by Step
- Rinse the fish tail and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Place green onions on a plate then put the fish on the green onions.
- Rub both sides of the fish with sesame oil. Cover the fish with another quarter of the green onions and ginger slice.
- In a wok bring water to boil then put the fish to steam onto the steaming basket over high heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain any liquid on the plate and discard the ginger and green onion from above the fish.
- Add in 3 tablespoon soy sauce and let the fish to steam for another 8 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion and sliced ginger.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional Facts (based on 100g serving)
Just like other fish, leopard coral grouper has a high amount of protein but low in fat and calories. Hence, it makes up for the lesser calories intake of the day but able to make you feel full.
Leopard coral grouper is still a source of Omega-3. Omega-3 is good for brain development and also nervous system development, which is particularly beneficial for kids.
They have an abundance of protein, which is an essential building block of our human body cells. It aids in tissue repair and also normal cell growth. Eating enough protein can also reduce carbohydrate consumption as it increases sense of fullness.
For whole fish cut (Slice) or (Fillet) options, we will slice the whole fish for FREE and separately vacuum pack all the meat, head & tail. 整条鱼（切片）或（起肉）的，我们将提供免费切片服务，并将其肉片，鱼头和鱼尾分别真空包装。
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Wild Caught from Sabah & Sarawak 沙巴， 砂拉越野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用
- FREE Delivery for order above RM200 at Klang Valley area.
- RM15 delivery charges for orders below RM200 at Selangor & Kuala Lumpur area.
- RM25 delivery charges for Outstation orders.