Most of know the golden snapper (also known as ang cho, jenahak) and this fish is exceptionally delicious!
The flesh of golden snapper is tender, often white color with slight pinkish tinge and present with sweet, mild flavour. They can be adapted into a variety of recipes, either steam, pan-seared, fry or baked.
Roasted Snapper with Herbs and Potato
Step by Step
- Pre-heated the oven to 220ºC.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Fill the fish belly with sliced tomato, half lemon sliced, sliced garlic, rosemary, thyme and sage leaves.
- On a baking tray, scatter bay leaves and the remaining lemon slices, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and sage over the fish and place the potatoes beside the fish.
- Drizzle with oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roast it for 20 mins or until the skin is crisp and the flesh is cooked. The potatoes should be crispy-brown and cooked through. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (based on 100g serving)
Golden snappers are rich with Omega-3 fatty acids, which is a type of healthy fat that helps to reduce risk of heart disease, atherosclerosis and also high blood cholesterol.
It also helps in increasing the body’s metabolism. The rich content of potassium can activate the enzymes that are needed in metabolism. Lack of potassium in diet might increase risk of getting stroke, high blood pressure, osteoporosis and also kidney stones.
The nutrients in snappers (such as Vitamin A, selenium, Omega-3 fatty acid) help to stimulate cognitive function and boost the health of the nervous system. That is why fish is considered as brain food.
Selenium, a type of mineral content in snapper, will boost the production of white blood cells, which can improve our body’s immunity. It is also required for our thyroid gland to work properly, besides serving as a powerful antioxidant.
For whole fish option, the fish would be packed as whole fish.
For whole fish that specify (Slice) option, we will slice the whole fish for FREE and vacuum pack the meat, head & tail separately。
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Wild Caught from Kuala Selangor to Sungai Besar 野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用