- FREE Delivery for order above RM220 at Klang Valley area.
- RM15 delivery charges for orders below RM220 at Selangor & Kuala Lumpur area.
- RM30 delivery charges for Outstation orders.
Dragon grouper, or known as brown-marbled grouper is a marine fish that is recognizable by pale yellowish-brown background with irregular size and shape dark brown or grey blotches over the body.
The flesh is attached to the skin with a thick layer of shiny silver gel. The meat has a delicate and sweet taste, and it is mostly served by steaming it in Chinese cuisine.
Steamed Dragon Grouper with Hong Kong Steam Sauce
- 2 stalks of green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- sliced ginger
- 3 tablespoons hong kong steam sauce
Step by Step
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Place green onions on a plate then put the fish on the green onions.
- Put sliced ginger and green onions into the belly of the fish. Rub both sides of the fish with sesame oil. Cover the fish with another quarter of the green onions.
- In a wok bring water to boil then put the fish to steam onto the steaming basket over high heat for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Drain any liquid on the plate and discard the ginger and green onion from inside and above the fish.
- Add in 3 tablespoon Hong Kong steamed sauce and let the fish to steam for another 3 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion and sliced ginger.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional Facts (based on 100g serving)
It contains a lot of vitamins and minerals which are essential for blood formation. For example, vitamin B12 and iron in this fish aids in red blood cell formation.
Just like other fish, tiger grouper has Omega-3 fatty acids, which are good fat that helps to lower high cholesterol levels. It also helps in brain growth in children.
They are rich in proteins which are essential to aid in tissue growth. It also helps to repair damaged muscle and cells.
Tiger grouper has high protein content but low in calories and fat. These features make it a suitable diet component as eating it doesn’t contribute much to weight gain compared to food with high fat content.
Hongkong Style Steam Sauce / 娘家酱料系列~港蒸鱼汁 (500ml) + Dragon Grouper 龙虎斑 - Whole (1.0 or 1.6kg)
Hongkong Style Steam Sauce Best Compliment with our Dragon Grouper. Easy and tasty Recipe in just a few minutes !