Most of the Australian cattle are pasture-raised. As compared to grain fed beef, grass fed beef has a wider variety of complex flavours, textures and tenderness due to the seasonal and geographic factors. Grass-fed beef tends to be leaner and the fat colour tends to be more yellow or creamy in appearance when compared to grain fed beef.
Sirloin is often the leaner parts of a steak with low fat content. The low fat content causes the flavor not so robust as compared to ribeye.
Seared Steak & Red Chimichurri
- 1 x 260 g higher-welfare sirloin steak
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 sweet potatoes (250g each)
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 2 fresh red chillies
- ½ x 460 g jar of roasted red peppers
- ½ a bunch of flat-leaf parsley (15g)
- extra virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar
Step by Step
- Remove and finely dice the fat from the steak.
- Fry it with unpeeled garlic cloves with medium-low heat in a non-stick frying, turn them every minute in the fat as it gently crisps up.
- Meanwhile, peel the sweet potatoes and chop into 4cm cubes. Cook in boiling salted water for 10 minutes, or until tender, then drain, smash, season and keep warm.
- Trim the spring onions, halve and deseed the chillies, and lightly brown on both sides in the steak fat.
- Remove 2/3 of the crispy fat bits and blend with spring onions, soft garlic flesh and the chillies, then plate the rest of the crispy fat bits to a dish.
- Add some peppers, parsley, ½ a tablespoon each of extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar into the blender, then blitz until smooth, and season to perfection.
- Season the steak with salt and black pepper, then cook the steak to your liking.
- Rest the steak on top of the spring onions for 1 minute, then slice.
- Spoon the blended sauce on to the plate, sit the steak on top with any resting juices, then serve with the sweet potato, spring onions and crispy bits.
Nutritional Facts (based on 100g serving)
Iron is an essential mineral needed for most of the body function especially red cell blood to carry oxygen to all the parts of body. It also helps our muscles store and use oxygen.
Grass fed beef contain as much as 5 times omega-3 as compare to grain fed beef whereby this Omega-3 fatty acids is crucial in supporting brain function, including memory, reduce inflammation, and enhance cardiovascular health.
Grass-fed beef contains about twice as much CLA as grain-fed beef. CLA can protect us from hardening of the arteries, whereby plaques builds up in the arteries, causing heart attack problem
* Halal Certified
Imported straight from Australia 澳洲进口
Sirloin Steak is a butter-tender piece of beef with a small rim of fat.
Cuts from the sirloin tend to be flavourful but potentially chewy since they're on the leaner side.
- FREE Delivery for order above RM200 at Klang Valley area.
- RM15 delivery charges for orders below RM200 at Selangor & Kuala Lumpur area.
- RM25 delivery charges for Outstation orders.