Leopard coral grouper, also known as common coral trout, is a type of marine ray-finned fish that are found in the Western Pacific Ocean, from east coast of Thailand and Malaysia.
Leopard coral grouper has a tender yet bouncy flesh texture that flakes nicely. It also has a mild taste of sweetness that lingers inside the mouth. The most common way to cook the fish among Asians is by steaming it, and it can be just simply deep frying it and serving as one of the dishes or even cooking with “asam pedas’.
Teochew Steamed Leopard Coral Grouper Steak
Step by Step
- Wash and pat dry the fish with kitchen paper.
- Season the fish with salt, pepper and lemon juice and let it settle aside.
- Cube 1 pack of silken tofu and put it on a heat proof pyrex bowl with the fish on top.
- Prepare Teochew style steaming ingredient:
- Soak 2 dried Chinese mushroom for about 10 minutes, then drain and slice it- Slice about 50g of lotus root- Chop 3 cloves of garlic- Cut 1 tomato into 6 equal pieces, and halves 6 cherry tomatoes- Rinse, soak and drain 1 slice of salted preserved vegetables (about 50g)- Prepare 2 salted plums, rinsed, thinly sliced ginger (about thumb size) and 2 stalks of scallions.- Deseed and chop 2 cayenne chilli pepper and 2 bird’s eye chilli peppers- In a bowl, mix 4 tablespoon of water, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of light fish sauce and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Pour the Teochew steaming ingredient on top of fish and decorate it nicely.
- Steam the fish for about 10 to 12 minutes (depending on the size of fish).
- The dish is ready to be served.
(based on 100g serving)
Just like other fish, leopard coral grouper has a high amount of protein but low in fat and calories. Hence, it makes up for the lesser calories intake of the day but able to make you feel full.
Leopard coral grouper is still a source of Omega-3. Omega-3 is good for brain development and also nervous system development, which is particularly beneficial for kids.
They have an abundance of protein, which is an essential building block of our human body cells. It aids in tissue repair and also normal cell growth. Eating enough protein can also reduce carbohydrate consumption as it increases sense of fullness.
May consist more than 1 slice.
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Wild Caught from Kuala Selangor to Sungai Besar 野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用