Most of know the golden snapper (also known as ang cho, jenahak) and this fish is exceptionally delicious!
The flesh of golden snapper is tender, often white color with slight pinkish tinge and present with sweet, mild flavour. They can be adapted into a variety of recipes, either steam, pan-seared, fry or baked. One good thing about golden snapper is the flesh doesn’t suffer from meat stiffness (or so-called “lo-kor” effect).
Snapper with Macadamia Pesto and Bean Salad
Step by Step
- Clean the snapper and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Preheat the oven to 200C for a few minutes, and prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
- Prepare around 500g of sweet potato (peeled and cut into cubes) and put it onto the tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil, and season it with a pinch of salt. Roast it for about 30 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, for the macadamia pesto, roast 75g of macadamias and chop 1 small garlic clove.
- Process the roasted macadamias and chopped garlic into a food processor until finely chopped.
- Combine one juiced lime, 60ml extra virgin oil and one tablespoon of water, which then add into the processed macadamia mixture and mix. Season with salt or any other spice you like.
- Chop one small onion and put it into boiling water for about 3 minutes, then drain it and mix with a little bit of lime juice in a bowl.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the snapper with some salt and cook it with the skin side down, for about 2 minutes or until crisp.
- Turn around and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Put the cooked snapper onto a plate, and add all the prepared sweet potato, macadamia pesto and onion on top of it. The dish is ready to be served.
(based on 100g serving)
Golden snappers are rich with Omega-3 fatty acids, which is a type of healthy fat that helps to reduce risk of heart disease, atherosclerosis and also high blood cholesterol.
It also helps in increasing the body’s metabolism. The rich content of potassium can activate the enzymes that are needed in metabolism. Lack of potassium in diet might increase risk of getting stroke, high blood pressure, osteoporosis and also kidney stones.
The nutrients in snappers (such as Vitamin A, selenium, Omega-3 fatty acid) help to stimulate cognitive function and boost the health of the nervous system. That is why fish is considered as brain food.
Selenium, a type of mineral content in snapper, will boost the production of white blood cells, which can improve our body’s immunity. It is also required for our thyroid gland to work properly, besides serving as a powerful antioxidant.
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Wild Caught from Kuala Selangor to Sungai Besar 野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用