Groupers fish is a type of deep seawater fish that usually has a strong body and a large mouth. They are mostly found in tropical or subtropical areas, ranging from shallow coastal waters among the rocky reefs to moderate depth of sea. One of the characteristics is that they do not possess many teeth at the edge of their jaws.
They have a mild but distinct flavour and taste sweet. The meat is whitish, notably lack of bones, with firm texture and heavy flakes but remains moist after cooked. Groupers also can be cooked in many ways such as fried, grilled, steamed or used in chowders and soups.
Steam Grouper Fillet
- ginger ,sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- green onion, finely chopped
Step by Step
- Place a steamer rack in a wok or deep pan and fill the pan with water about 2 inches depth.
- Boil the water over high heat.
- For the sauce - whisk together sliced ginger, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 3 tablespoon of oil, 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce, ½ teaspoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, ⅛ teaspoon of ground white pepper and ½ teaspoon of cornstarch.
- Put the fillet on a large plate, spread evenly, and spoon some of the sauce evenly over the fillet.
- With the water boiling, place the fillet on the steaming rack, cover tightly and steam over high heat for about 7 to 10 minutes. (depends on the thickness of fillet)
- Remove the plate from the steamer, pour the rest of sauce over the fish.
- Heat some oil in a small pan until near smoking, then drizzle it over the fish.
- Place green onions and cilantro on top of fish.
(based on 100g serving)
Grouper fish contains selenium, a type of mineral which is helpful to boost immune system and reduce risk of heart disease.
It has a lot of vitamin B, especially vitamin B12, which are very helpful to keep the body’s nerve and blood cells healthy. Vitamin B3. also known as niacin, on the other hand helps to lower cholesterol and eases arthritis.
Fish is a great source of protein. Protein is very essential in our daily diet, as it is the building block of our body cells and having adequate amount of protein helps the cell functions properly.
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Wild Caught from Kuala Selangor to Sungai Besar 野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用