Most of know the golden snapper (also known as ang cho, jenahak) and this fish is exceptionally delicious!
The flesh of golden snapper is tender, often white color with slight pinkish tinge and present with sweet, mild flavour. They can be adapted into a variety of recipes, either steam, pan-seared, fry or baked. One good thing about golden snapper is the flesh doesn’t suffer from meat stiffness (or so-called “lo-kor” effect).
Curry Golden Snapper Head
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 eggplant cut into wedges
- 2 stalk lemongrass, chopped into half
- curry paste
- coconut milk
- sugar and salt
- coriander leaves
- 2 tomatoes
Step by Step
- Heat oil over high heat in a large heavy-based frying pan . Cook the eggplant wedges on both sides until golden and tender, then remove and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add oil to the pan, then add the lemongrass and curry leaves and cook for 3 mins.
- Add the curry paste and curry powder stirring continuously for another 5-6 minutes or until darkened in colour and the oil starts to separate from the paste. Add the coconut milk, sugar, salt and water and bring to the boil.
- Add the fish head, cover and simmer over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Stir in the tomato and cooked eggplant, remove from the heat and serve scattered with coriander leaves.
Nutrition Facts (based on 100g serving)
Golden snappers are rich with Omega-3 fatty acids, which is a type of healthy fat that helps to reduce risk of heart disease, atherosclerosis and also high blood cholesterol.
It also helps in increasing the body’s metabolism. The rich content of potassium can activate the enzymes that are needed in metabolism. Lack of potassium in diet might increase risk of getting stroke, high blood pressure, osteoporosis and also kidney stones.
The nutrients in snappers (such as Vitamin A, selenium, Omega-3 fatty acid) help to stimulate cognitive function and boost the health of the nervous system. That is why fish is considered as brain food.
Selenium, a type of mineral content in snapper, will boost the production of white blood cells, which can improve our body’s immunity. It is also required for our thyroid gland to work properly, besides serving as a powerful antioxidant.
NO customised cutting available / 恕不接受任何客制化切割
After scaling and gutting, there will be a reduce in gross weight by 10% - 20%
去鳞取内脏后，海鲜的重量会减少10% - 20%
- Wild Caught from Kuala Selangor to Sungai Besar 野生捕捞
- Scaled, Gutted and Vacuum Packed Individually 去鳞, 取内脏和真空包装
- Flash Frozen to preserve the quality of Seafood 速冻以保存良好品质
- Recommended to consume within 2 weeks 建议两个星期内食用