What are slipper lobsters? Some of your have guessed it correctly! Some countries called this Thenus, Moreton Bay Bug...etc. But in Malaysia, the more common name for this creature as Slipper Lobster, Chinese name 虾婆 or 琵琶虾, some even called 'Udang Ketak'. They are best eaten steamed without additional seasonings as we want to savor the natural sweetness of their meat.
However some prefer to add some flavour with a taste of recipes. Check out this easy way of grilling them on your wok or grill pan!
- SLIPPER LOBSTER 琵琶蝦 (6 PCS)
- SUBMERGE IN TAP WATER 浸泡在水(25 MIN) & CLEAN THOROUGHLY 清洗干净
- CHOP INTO HALF 对半剖开 & REMOVE DIGESTIVE TRACT 祛肠线
- SALT 盐 (1/4 TSP)
- BLACK PEPPER 黑胡椒 (1/4 TSP)
- *BUTTER SAUCE:-
- FINELY CHOP PARSLEY 欧芹叶切碎(3 TBSP)
- GRATED LEMON ZEST 柠檬皮刨丝 (1 PC)
- GARLIC 蒜头切末(5 CLOVES)
- CRUSHED CHILI FLAKES
- PREHEAT GRILL PAN 预热烤盘
- MELT BUTTER 溶化牛油(2－3 TBSP)
- ADD PARSLEY 加入欧芹叶( 2 TBSP) & OTHER INGREDIENTS SALT 盐 (FEW DASH) & BLACK PEPPER 黑胡椒 (FEW DASH)
*How To Cook:-
- SLIPPER LOBSTER SHELL SIDE DOWN ON GRILL PLATE 壳向烤盘
- SPREAD BUTTER OVER MEAT 牛油涂上
- COOK EACH SIDE 2-3 MIN 两面烤2-3分种
- BEFORE SERVE DRIZZLE LEMON JUICE 上桌前挤点柠檬汁
- GARNISH WITH PARSLEY 撒上欧芹叶
*Special thanks to City Life Meal for the recipe video. Checkout more cooking recipes inspirations from their YouTube channel.