Salt & Pepper Prawns 椒盐虾
Prawns are highly nutritious with very rich Vitamins B-6, B-12 and this kind of the vitamins will help human body for getting extra energy, can build body muscles at the same time it also can refresh the red blood cell.
Here is an easy Chinese prawn dish recipe we recommend to you. It can be a superb light meal or snack pair with a glass of chill wine!
Check out the recipe:-
- 20 MEDIUM SIZE PRAWNS
- 1 ½ TEASPOON PEPPER SALT (SICHUAN PEPPERCORN & SALT)
- 2 SPRING ONIONS
- 3 BIRD’S EYE CHILI
- 4 CLOVES GARLIC
- 5 SHALLOTS
FOR THE BATTER
- 100g PREMIX TEMPURA FLOUR
- ¼ TEASPOON SALT
- 120ml COLD WATER
- 3 TABLESPOON PREMIX TEMPURA FLOUR FOR DRY COATING
HOW TO COOK
- CHOP SPRING ONIONS & BIRD’S EYED CHILI
- MINCE 4 CLOVES GARLIC & 5 SHALLOTS
- REMOVE SHELL & DEVEIN PRAWNS
- PREPARE PREMIX TEMPURA FLOUR, ADD 1 EGG YOLK, 120ml COLD WATER & SALT. MIX WELL.
- COAT PRAWN WITH TEMPURA FLOUR
- DIP INTO THE BATTER
- DEEP FRY PRAWNS UNTILL GOLDEN BROWN
- SAUTE GARLIC, SHALLOTS UNTILL FRAGRANT
- ADD IN BIRD’S EYED CHILI THEN PRAWNS
- ADD IN SOME SPRING ONIONS & PEPPER SALT
- TOSS WELL
- GARNISH WITH SPRING ONIONS
*Special thanks to City Life Meal for the recipe video. Checkout more cooking recipes inspirations from their YouTube channel.