How to cook Malaysia famous crab dish at home - Kam Heong Crab 甘香炒螃蟹
Flower crab, one of the most common catch at South East Asian countries. Some even name it as Blue Crab. It is famous known as its signature fresh clean tasting white meat with a sweet moist delicate texture.
Here are some of the nutrition facts you might interested in:
- Flower Crab contain of Vitamin A, B2, as well as minerals such as copper and zinc.
- Flower Crab legs are rich with protein.
- It's Low in fat and contains Omega 3 polyunsaturated acids.
With such a nutrition and unique delicate texture crab, we would like to recommend the most famous Malaysian crab dish - Kam Heong Crab. Crabs from Sea Fresh Daily are well cleaned and individually wrapped. Just need to thaw frozen crabs in tap water.
Now, let's watch the video and our recipe is down below:-
- Flower Crabs - 2 pcs ~650g
- Bird's eye chilies - 4pcs
- Lemongrass - 1 stalk
- Shallots - 150g
- Garlic - 40g
- Curry Leaves - 1 handful
- Dried shrimp - 50g
- Corn Flour
- Cooking oil
- Curry Powder - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Oyster sauce - 1 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Soy Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Water - 100ml
How To Cook :-
- Submerge frozen crab in tap water for 45 minutes.
- Chop bird's eye chilies and slice lemongrass
- Shallots & garlic peeled, blend together with lemograss
- Dried shrimp soak for 30 minutes, roughly chopped.
- Open crab shell, remove gills and trim sharp edges. Cut into quarters
- Lightly dust with corn flour, fry crabs till bright red for about 5 minutes. Remove & Set Aside.
- Use remaining hot oil , drizzle on crab shell to let crab roe intact on the shell.
- Add cooking oil in wok, add in blended ingredient stir fry till fragrant.
- Add in dried shrimps, stir fry till fragrant. Add in curry powder, oyster sauce, curry leaves, bird's eye chilies.
- Add in sugar, soy sauce & water
- Add in crabs, cover and cook for 10minutes. Done!
*Special thanks to City Life Meal for the recipe video. Checkout more cooking recipes inspirations from their YouTube channel.