Grilled Sambal Stingray 烧烤魔鬼鱼
If you are looking for fishes that are thick and tender juicy meat, Stingray is one of the option.
As a Malaysian, I’m sure you have tried grilled stingray at some of the hawker stores before.
Yes you are right! We are sharing with you the secret ingredient and recipe of how to cook Grilled Sambal Stingray at home:-
- 1 pc of Stingray sprinkle some salt and set aside
- Banana leaf
- 3 Okras cut diagonally
- 1/2 Onion roughly cut
- 10 shallots
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 3cm galangal slice thinly
- 4 fresh Red Chilies roughly chopped
- 3 dried chilies cut and soak in hot water (approx 30min)
- 1 stalk lemongrass roughly cut
- 5g toasted belacan
- 1 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 3 tablespoon tamarind juice
- All add into blender and blend till smooth paste
How To Cook:-
- Heat wok with 2 tablespoon oil
- Cook sambal paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Spread sambal paste on stingray
- Spread oil on banana leave
- Place stingray on banana leave and wrap over
- Leave it in hot pan for 5 minutes
- Add in okras, onion & sambal paste on the flip side
- Then cook for another 5-6 minutes
- You can squeeze some calamansi juice when serve.
*Special thanks to City Life Meal for the recipe video. Checkout more cooking recipes inspirations from their YouTube channel.